Turning 40 is a milestone that deserves to be celebrated in a fun and light-hearted way. If you are looking to bring a smile to your friend’s face on their special day, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we have gathered a collection of funny 40th birthday wishes that are sure to make your friend burst out laughing.
Whether your friend is embracing their age or struggling with the reality of entering their forties, these humorous wishes will surely lighten the mood. From playful jabs at their “old age” to hilarious reminders of past shenanigans, these wishes are the perfect way to show your friend that age is just a number. So, get ready to poke fun, share a laugh, and make your friend’s 40th birthday a memorable one with these funny wishes that will leave them chuckling for days to come.
List of 101 Funny 40th Birthday Wishes For Friend
1. Happy 40th birthday! They say the 40s are the new 30s…until you try to hang out with a 30-year-old and realize you can’t keep up!
2. Congrats on turning 40! Don’t worry, you still have a whole decade before you start getting regular colonoscopy reminders in the mail.
3. Here’s to 40 years of discovering just how hard it is to stay in shape. Just remember, the word “muffin top” has nothing to do with baked goods.
4. Happy 40th birthday! At this age, you should start using words like “retro” instead of “vintage” to describe your childhood toys.
5. Turning 40 is like being a DVD player in an age of Blu-ray. You still work, but no one knows why.
6. Happy 40th! It’s officially acceptable to start referring to yourself as a “grown-up” now. But no one ever said you had to act like one!
7. Congratulations! You’re now old enough to have those deep “life pondering” conversations with friends while sitting on lawn chairs on a Friday night.
8. Happy 40th! Remember, they say “life begins at 40″…which is great, considering you spent the last 39 years trying to figure it out!
9. Happy birthday to a friend who’s now 40, fabulous, and fantastic! Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone about that time you tried salsa dancing and sprained both ankles.
10. At 40, you finally start to realize that age is just a number…a really big, red, blinking number on your birthday cake!
11. Happy 40th birthday! Remember, it’s never too late to start receiving AARP brochures in the mail. You’ll have plenty of reading material now!
12. Congrats on the big 4-0! Now you can stop pretending you’re cool and start embracing your inner “dad jokes” enthusiast.
13. Happy 40th! Don’t worry about those fine lines and wrinkles…they just mean you’ve gained more character to love!
14. They say “40 is the new 30″…Does that mean you can go back in time and erase all those questionable fashion choices of your 20s?
15. Congrats on turning 40! Remember, “40 is the new 20” only applies to your age, not your body’s ability to handle a hangover!
16. Happy 40th! They say wisdom comes with age. So, if you still do anything that makes you question your wisdom, just blame it on the poor lighting!
17. Congrats on reaching 40! Now you can officially be considered a “classic” like fine wine, vintage cars, and those old pairs of underwear you still refuse to throw away.
18. Happy 40th! They say life begins at 40, but I hope that doesn’t involve going through another awkward teenage phase! You’ve been there, done that.
19. Turning 40 means it’s time for the big questions in life: “Where did I put my keys?” and “What is this newfangled thing called TikTok?”
20. Happy 40th birthday! You’re officially at an age where you can blame every “senior moment” on a faulty Wi-Fi connection.
21. Congratulations on entering the fabulous forties! Don’t worry, I won’t tell everyone about that time you tried to learn the Macarena and ended up with a sprained toe.
22. Happy 40th! Remember, age is just a number…a really big number that gets smaller when you lie about it.
23. Congrats on turning 40! Don’t worry about those little lines on your face…they just show that you’ve laughed a lot in your life. Or squinted at menus in dimly lit restaurants.
24. Happy 40th birthday! They say age is just a state of mind. So, let’s keep that mind in a constant state of denial about our actual age!
25. Happy 40th! Remember, it’s okay to take naps in the afternoon now. In fact, it’s encouraged!
26. Congratulations on hitting the big 4-0! Now when you fall down playing sports, you have a legitimate reason: “Sorry, my hip gave out!”
27. Happy birthday to someone who can finally appreciate the fine art of “dad jokes” and “mom jeans.” Embrace the comfortable side of life!
28. Congrats on turning 40! It’s time to trade in those trendy nightclubs for cozy nights in, binge-watching your favorite shows, and wearing fuzzy slippers.
29. Happy 40th birthday! May your gray hairs be a reflection of your wisdom rather than a reminder of the countless hours you’ve spent stressing over life.
30. Turning 40 means you’ve officially reached the age where it’s acceptable to tell people to get off your lawn. Enjoy the perks!
31. Happy 40th! They say laughter is the best medicine…so for your birthday, I prescribe a heavy dose of hilarious memories and belly laughs!
32. Congrats on hitting the big 4-0! Now when people call you “Ma’am” or “Sir,” you can finally embrace that air of dignified elegance…or just roll your eyes and move on.
33. Happy 40th birthday! It’s time to make peace with your alarm clock, because you’ll be needing those extra hours to get ready each morning from now on.
34. They say age is just a number, but 40 is a pretty big number! May your 40s be as full of energy as your 20s…or at least as full as your coffee cup.
35. Happy 40th! Now that you’re officially middle-aged, it’s time to embrace your inner grumpy old person and start yelling at youngsters to get off your lawn!
36. Congrats on turning 40! Now you can finally convince people you’re older and wiser…as long as they don’t check your internet search history.
37. Happy 40th birthday to a friend who’s now officially a vintage model! Don’t worry, you still have plenty of mileage left.
38. They say life begins at 40, but that doesn’t mean you’ve run out of time to make questionable life choices! Keep ’em coming!
39. Happy 40th! May all your favorite childhood memories now be available on Netflix, because who has the time to actually go outside anymore?
40. Congrats on turning 40! As they say, it’s all downhill from here…unless you’re on a bike, then it’s more like a slow and painful uphill climb!
41. Happy 40th birthday! It’s time to start picking your battles wisely, like choosing between a cozy night in or staying up past 10 pm.
42. Turning 40 means you can officially join the “I’m too old for this” club. Membership includes complaining about loud music and using the phrase “Back in my day…”
43. Happy 40th! They say time flies when you’re having fun, so you must have been having an absolute blast…or you just blinked and suddenly turned 40!
44. Congrats on hitting the big 4-0! Now you can finally channel your inner wisdom while simultaneously forgetting why you entered a room in the first place.
45. Happy 40th birthday! Remember, life isn’t about the years you’ve lived; it’s about the poorly timed jokes and embarrassing moments that make up your story.
46. Congratulations! Now that you’re 40, you can officially join the “I’m not old, I’m vintage” club. Vintage, like that classic Walkman you still have in the attic.
47. Happy 40th! They say life is short, so let’s make the most of it by taking longer naps and pretending we have more back pain than we actually do!
48. Congrats on reaching the fabulous 40s! It’s time to embrace your inner joie de vivre and remind yourself that you’re not getting older, just more chronologically gifted.
49. Happy 40th birthday! Don’t worry about being over the hill; instead, focus on sliding down the other side in style!
50. Turning 40 means you’re no longer a spring chicken. But hey, at least chickens can still lay eggs. So, let’s hope you’re full of surprises too!
51. Happy 40th! Remember, age is just a number…a really high number that may require glasses to read!
52. Congratulations! 40 looks pretty fabulous on you. Or at least it will once you find your reading glasses to see it clearly!
53. Happy 40th! Forget about “going with the flow”; it’s time to buy a sturdy floatie and embrace the fast-paced river of middle age!
54. Congrats on turning 40! They say life begins at this age. So, let the fun begin and prepare for endless nights…of rolling over in bed and adjusting your pillow!
55. Happy 40th! Remember, at this age, you’ve earned the right to use the phrase “I’m too old for this.” It’s basically a free pass out of any unwanted situation!
56. Congrats on reaching the big 4-0! They say age is just a number, but in your case, that number is starting to sound more like a radio station frequency.
57. Happy birthday to someone who’s turning 40 and still hasn’t figured out what they want to be when they grow up…but to be fair, neither has anyone else!
58. Congrats on entering the fabulous 40s! It’s the decade when you finally realize that the road to success is under construction and you didn’t bring your GPS.
59. Happy 40th! Don’t worry, age is just a number…a number that’s starting to sound suspiciously like algebra.
60. Congrats on turning 40! Make sure to celebrate with a cake that has so many candles, it’s considered a fire hazard.
61. Happy 40th birthday! Remember, you’re not old, you’re just retro in your own unique way…like those mom jeans you refused to throw away!
62. Congrats on hitting the big 4-0! Now you can officially appreciate the finer things in life, like finding a comfortable pair of shoes and being in bed by 9 pm.
63. Happy 40th! They say life is like a box of chocolates, but at this age, you finally understand the importance of reading the label for calorie content!
64. Congrats on turning 40! It’s the age when you start considering opening a “Sarcasm Asylum” for those who can’t keep up with your witty remarks.
65. Happy 40th! They say you’re as young as you feel, so go ahead and act like a kid again…just remember to use those newfound wisdom-filled pauses between activities!
66. Congrats on reaching 40! Now you can finally understand why your parents and older friends complained so much about their aching joints.
67. Happy 40th birthday! Remember, life is all about creating memories…and then making sure to forget them before anyone can use them against you!
68. Congrats on hitting the big 4-0! Now you can finally embrace your inner grumpy old person and start using the phrase “back in my day” with confidence.
69. Happy 40th! They say age is just a number, but they also say “money can’t buy happiness”—so maybe they don’t know what they’re talking about!
70. Congrats on turning 40! Don’t worry about those pesky old age signs; just remember to tell people it’s not gray hair, it’s wisdom highlights.
71. Happy 40th birthday! At this age, you can finally trade in your little black dress for a little black jumpsuit…for maximum comfort and style!
72. Congrats on hitting the big 4-0! Now you can officially start a collection of “emotional support snacks” for those tough days when adulting feels too hard.
73. Happy 40th! Remember, age is just a number…and sometimes that number is the amount of times you’ve forgotten why you walked into a room!
74. Congrats on turning 40! They say life begins at this age, so start living your best life—by napping and eating all the pizza you want!
75. Happy 40th birthday! Now that you’re older, wiser, and slightly more forgetful, it’s the perfect time to start blaming things on old age…even if it’s just a bad haircut!
76. Congrats on reaching the fabulous 40s! It’s time to embrace your inner sassiness and say things like “kids these days” while shaking your fists at the TV.
77. Happy 40th! They say life is too short to take it seriously, so feel free to laugh at your own jokes and eat dessert first!
78. Congrats on turning 40! It’s time to embrace your newfound wisdom and start giving advice…that no one will likely take, but it’s the thought that counts!
79. Happy 40th! They say age is just a number…unless that number is your cholesterol level, then you might want to reconsider your diet.
80. Congrats on hitting the big 4-0! Now you can finally appreciate the beauty of a comfortable pair of shoes and a night in with a good book.
81. Happy 40th birthday! At this age, you can blame all your forgetfulness on a “special edition” of brain fog that only 40-year-olds get to experience.
82. Congrats on reaching 40! Don’t worry, you still have plenty of time to make all those “bucket list” dreams come true…as long as they involve taking a nap!
83. Happy 40th! They say age is just a number…and at 40, that number is now old enough to rent a car without extra fees!
84. Congrats on turning 40! Remember, age is just a label society puts on us. So, let’s peel off that sticky label and embrace our inner child…or at least our inner childishness!
85. Happy 40th birthday! Now you’re officially at an age where you can start using acronyms like “TGIF” and “OMG” without feeling like an imposter.
86. Congrats on hitting the big 4-0! It’s time to embrace the joy of life’s simple pleasures…like waking up without an alarm clock on weekends!
87. Happy 40th! They say life begins at this age, so let’s get started! But first, let’s have some cake and take a quick nap.
88. Congrats on turning 40! It’s the age when you finally start appreciating the wisdom that comes from reading a good fortune cookie!
89. Happy 40th! They say age is just a number, which is true, unless that number coincides with the amount of gray hairs on your head!
90. Congrats on reaching 40! It’s time to embrace your inner “zen” and remember that age doesn’t matter when you can’t even remember what day it is.
91. Happy 40th! They say age is just a number…until it’s the number of candles on your birthday cake, then it’s time to invest in a fire extinguisher!
92. Congrats on turning 40! Now comes the exciting phase of life when you wake up to odd aches and pains, and searching for your reading glasses becomes a daily treasure hunt.
93. Happy 40th birthday! Don’t worry about those extra lines on your face; embrace them as proof of your countless smiles and laughter over the years.
94. Congrats on hitting the big 4-0! Now you can finally blame all those moments of forgetfulness on “mindfulness exercises” instead of old age!
95. Happy 40th! They say age is just a number, which is great because it’s really hard to keep track when your memory starts playing tricks on you!
96. Congrats on turning 40! It’s the age when walking up a flight of stairs starts feeling like a CrossFit workout…except without the six-pack abs.
97. Happy 40th! They say life begins at this age, but don’t worry if you still feel like you’re waiting for the main attraction to start. Sometimes life is more like a never-ending intermission.
98. Congrats on reaching 40! It’s the perfect age to start using phrases like “When I was your age…” and pretending you have all the answers!
99. Happy 40th birthday! Don’t worry, turning 40 doesn’t mean you have to start acting like a proper adult. In fact, it’s encouraged not to!
100. Congrats on hitting the big 4-0! Now you can officially be considered a “prime” number…or at least someone who’s really good at online shopping!
101. Happy 40th! Remember, age is just a state of mind…admittedly, a state of mind that sometimes forgets where it left its car keys!
In conclusion, celebrating a friend’s 40th birthday with humor and laughter is a wonderful way to celebrate their milestone year. The collection of funny 40th birthday wishes offered in this article provides an array of witty and light-hearted messages that are sure to bring a smile to the birthday person’s face. Whether teasing them about their age or gently mocking the idea of being “over the hill,” these wishes acknowledge the passage of time with a touch of good-natured humor.
Remembering that age is just a number and that life should be embraced with a sense of joy and levity, these funny 40th birthday wishes allow us to celebrate the person while also providing a lighthearted perspective on getting older. They remind us that growing older doesn’t mean losing our sense of humor but rather gaining a deeper appreciation for the experiences and memories we have accumulated. So, next time you are celebrating a friend’s 40th birthday, don’t be afraid to poke a little fun and share some laughter as you toast to their amazing journey and the adventures yet to come.