Reaching the milestone of 40 years old is a cause for celebration, and when it’s your husband’s 40th birthday, it’s the perfect opportunity to show him just how much you love and appreciate him. But why settle for ordinary birthday wishes when you can add a touch of humor to make his special day even more memorable? In this article, we have compiled a list of funny 40th birthday wishes for your husband that will surely bring a smile to his face.
From light-hearted jokes about his greying hair and the “dad bod” to witty remarks about getting wiser with age, these funny birthday wishes will not only make him laugh but also remind him that life after 40 is just the beginning of a whole new chapter. So, whether you’re looking for a hilarious one-liner or a silly birthday message, this collection of funny 40th birthday wishes for your husband will help you express your love and admiration for him in the most amusing way.
117 Funny 40th Birthday Wishes For Husband
1. Happy 40th birthday, my love! Don’t worry about turning 40, you still have a long way to go before you catch up with my age!
2. Cheers to 40 years of putting up with my craziness! You truly deserve an award for being the world’s most patient husband.
3. They say life begins at 40, but let’s be honest, do we really want our lives to begin now? Let’s just stick to the good ol’ days!
4. Congratulations on reaching the age where even your dreams require a prescription! Happy 40th, my hilarious hubby!
5. Happy 40th birthday! Just remember, age is just a number. In your case, it’s a really big number. Just kidding, you’re forever young in my eyes!
6. They say life is like a box of chocolates, but at 40, maybe it’s more like a box of prunes. Embrace it, old man!
7. Happy 40th birthday to the one who still thinks he’s a teenager! Newsflash, babe, your back disagrees!
8. Congrats on officially being old enough to complain about “today’s music.” Just remember, your taste in music isn’t much better either!
9. Happy 40th birthday, sweetie! Let’s celebrate by eating cake, blowing out candles, and trying to avoid any hip injuries!
10. Turning 40 is like reaching the top of the hill. But don’t worry, dear hubby, it’s all downhill from here!
11. Happy 40th! Now that you’re officially in your “prime” age, I guess it’s time to upgrade to a mattress with lumbar support.
12. Congrats on hitting the big 4-0, darling! Don’t worry about gray hairs; they only highlight your distinguished charm.
13. Happy 40th birthday to my loving, caring, and slightly grumpy husband. Thanks for keeping life interesting!
14. They say men age like fine wine, but in your case, I think you aged like cheese. Still gouda, though!
15. Happy 40th birthday, sweetheart! I promise not to reveal your real age to anybody. Pinky swear!
16. They say the 40s are the new 30s. So, technically, you still haven’t matured enough to handle me!
17. Congrats on turning 40! Remember, at this age, you’re like a classic car—expensive to maintain and prone to making strange noises!
18. Happy birthday to the man who’s as irresistible as ever! Though, these days, it’s mostly because of your cologne and dad jokes.
19. Turning 40 is like upgrading to a new version of yourself. Thankfully, you come with a built-in manual for me to understand your quirks!
20. Happy 40th, my dear! Remember, age is just a number, until you can’t remember that number anymore!
21. They say life begins at 40, but I think that’s just something people say to make you feel better about turning 40. Enjoy the lie, my love!
22. Happy birthday, old timer! Don’t worry, you’re not over the hill yet, but at least now you can see the hill from here!
23. Congrats on officially entering the “dad jokes” phase of your life! You’ve been practicing long enough, it’s about time!
24. Happy 40th, my amazing spouse! I appreciate you sticking around for two decades without earning a single “Best Husband” mug!
25. Cheers to 40 years of life, love, and ignoring all my annoying habits. You are truly a saint, my darling!
26. Happy 40th birthday! Don’t worry, turning 40 doesn’t make you old. It just means you’re vintage, like a fine wine or outdated fashion!
27. Congrats on finally joining the 40 and fabulous club! Brace yourself, because the club meetings come with monthly discussions about cholesterol!
28. Happy 40th to my husband, who’s grown wiser, more mature, and unfortunately, more prone to napping every chance he gets!
29. Turning 40 isn’t so bad. I mean, you’ve already experienced most of your mid-life crisis, right? Enjoy the smooth ride from here on!
30. Happy birthday to my better half! Just because you’re 40 doesn’t mean you have to start acting your age. Keep acting like a kid, it suits you!
31. Congratulations, my love, on turning 40 and still managing to keep our marriage alive! Your humor is truly the secret ingredient!
32. Happy 40th birthday! Don’t worry, you still look as handsome as ever. Well, at least if I squint and use a lot of imagination!
33. Congratulations on turning 40! You have officially reached the age where your childhood toys are considered “vintage” and not just “clutter”!
34. Happy birthday, my fabulous 40-year-old! Remember, life is too short to stress over your age. Stress about your receding hairline instead!
35. Turning 40 is just a reminder that you’ve been around long enough to witness the fashion trends you once mocked become trendy again. How ironic!
36. Happy 40th to the one who always makes me laugh, even when you don’t intend to. Thank you for blessing my life with your hilarious antics!
37. Congrats on 40 years of putting up with my crazy family, mismatched socks, and questionable cooking skills. You deserve a medal!
38. Happy birthday to my partner-in-crime, my partner-in-laughter, and my partner-in-dad-jokes! Life with you is a never-ending comedy show!
39. Congrats, my love, for finally joining the 40s club! Don’t worry about the membership fee; you’ve already been paying it with every gray hair!
40. Happy 40th birthday! Wishing you a truckload of wisdom, a dash of good looks (if we can find them), and a lifetime supply of laughter!
41. Turning 40 is like getting a refund on all the efforts you put into your looks. So, relax my dear, you’re officially entitled to be lazy!
42. Cheers to 40 years of you constantly forgetting where you left your keys and then finding them in your hand. Your memory is truly impressive!
43. Happy 40th to my charming hubby! Remember, age is just a number, but the amount of candles on your cake is a stark reminder!
44. Congrats on turning 40! Just think of it this way: you’ve survived four decades of my crazy antics. Can’t wait for the next four!
45. Happy 40th birthday to the man who still thinks he can beat me in an arm wrestling match. Oh, the sweet delusions of old age!
46. They say 40 is the new 30, but let’s be real, honey, you were never really cool in your 30s either! Happy birthday, my lovable dork!
47. Congrats on leaving your thirties in the dust and embracing the fabulous forties! Now, let’s work on embracing the receding hairline too!
48. Happy 40th to my hubby, who still thinks he can keep up with the youngsters. Just remember, you can’t outrun age, but you can certainly trip over it!
49. Turning the big 4-0 doesn’t mean you’re getting old; it just means that you’re officially a seasoned expert in dealing with my crazy shenanigans!
50. Happy birthday, dear! You’re like a fine whiskey—getting older only makes you better (and gives you the same aroma)!
51. Congrats on your 40th birthday! Remember, age is just a number. It’s your lack of hair and abundance of wrinkles that truly reveal the truth!
52. Happy 40th to the man who’s mentally 18, physically 30, and according to the math, reaching 40. Your calculations may be off, but your laughter is always right on point!
53. They say life begins at 40, but let’s be honest, we’ve been living a pretty epic adventure since day one! Can’t wait to see what’s next!
54. Happy 40th birthday, my amazing partner in crime! At this age, we’re less Bonnie and Clyde and more Marie and Frank, sitting on the porch, forgetting where we put our dentures!
55. Turning 40 is like finally having enough XP to level up. Congratulations, honey, you’ve advanced to “Certified Grumpy Old Man”!
56. Happy birthday, my dearest! Turning 40 means you’ve reached a point in life where you can take off your glasses to find your glasses. Enjoy the clarity!
57. Congrats on reaching the incredible age of 40! You may have lost a few hairs along the way, but don’t worry, I saved them all in a jar!
58. Happy 40th birthday to the man who still believes he’s a superhero, but now, instead of defending the world, you fight against unwanted nose hair!
59. Turning 40 is like upgrading to the newest version of yourself, complete with random aches and an impressive collection of dad jokes!
60. Happy 40th, my love! Don’t worry about those gray hairs; they’re just angel kisses from me to remind you of our love!
61. Congratulations on turning 40! Now you’re officially an “experienced” husband, which basically means you can’t blame youth for your mistakes anymore!
62. Happy birthday to my incredibly funny husband! Even at 40, you still manage to make me laugh until my stomach hurts. Thank you for being my daily dose of joy!
63. Congratulations on officially transforming into a grumpy old man! It only took 40 years, but you’ve finally achieved your maximum potential!
64. Happy 40th birthday to my partner in crime, who’s grown wiser with every passing year. Though, let’s be honest, aging doesn’t automatically guarantee wisdom!
65. Congrats on turning 40! Don’t worry, darling, you may not remember where you put your glasses, but at least you’re still able to find the fridge!
66. Happy 40th to the man who’s always been young at heart, especially when it comes to silly pranks and never-ending tickle fights!
67. They say life begins at 40, but for you, it’s more like life begins with the snooze button for the tenth time. Embrace your love for sleep, my dear!
68. Happy 40th birthday, my handsome husband! Don’t worry about those wrinkles; they just show how much you’ve smiled throughout the years!
69. Congratulations on being halfway to 80! Just remember, age is just a state of mind. Although, in your case, it’s probably a heavily confused one!
70. Happy birthday, my love! Remember, turning 40 doesn’t mean you’re “over the hill.” It simply means that your hill is now high enough to have cell reception!
71. Congrats on turning 40! They say you’re as old as you feel, which means you can choose to feel like a teenager or embrace your inner grandpa!
72. Happy 40th to my incredible husband! Don’t worry about your age; you’re like a fine wine—slightly more expensive but definitely worth every sip!
73. Turning 40 is like entering a new chapter in your life, filled with gray hair highlights and sudden back pains. Enjoy your new journey!
74. Happy 40th birthday, my love! They say age is just a number, but in your case, it’s a pretty big number. Just kidding, you’re forever young in my eyes!
75. Congratulations on turning 40! Remember, getting older is inevitable, but growing up is optional. Please keep choosing the latter!
76. Happy birthday to my hubby, who’s turning 40 but still refuses to act his shoe size! Thank you for keeping our lives entertaining and our hearts full of laughter!
77. Turning 40 is like upgrading to the deluxe package of life. Sure, it comes with a few extra wrinkles, but also many new opportunities to tell dad jokes!
78. Happy 40th to my partner in crime, laughter, and occasional sarcasm! Remember, age is just a number, but bad puns are timeless!
79. Congrats on reaching the 40-year checkpoint! You’ve unlocked the achievements of wrinkles, grumpiness, and the freedom to nap anytime, anywhere!
80. Happy 40th birthday! Now that you’re officially a member of the “over 40” club, don’t forget to share the secret handshake and the location of free parking spaces!
81. Turning 40 means that you’ve completed four decades of awesomeness! And by awesomeness, I mean putting up with me and my shenanigans!
82. Happy 40th to my forever young husband! Remember, age is just a number that keeps increasing, so let’s focus on something more important—like cake!
83. Congrats on turning the big 4-0! You’ve officially reached the age of secretly checking the thermostat to ensure it’s set to the perfectly comfortable temperature!
84. Happy birthday, my fabulous forty-year-old! Don’t worry about your age; you’re like a classic car—slightly rusty but still able to get the job done!
85. Turning 40 is like leveling up in a video game. The only difference is that instead of unlocking new powers, you unlock mysterious body aches!
86. Happy 40th, my loving husband! You may not remember where you put your keys, but you always remember to bring laughter into our lives. Thank you!
87. Congrats on reaching this milestone birthday! Remember, you’re not 40 years old, you’re 40 years young, just with a few extra gray hairs!
88. Happy 40th birthday to the one who still rocks my world like he did when he was in his 20s. Don’t worry, darling, I’ll let the hamster wheel rest tonight!
89. They say that time flies when you’re having fun. No wonder the past four decades with you have felt like a roller coaster on fast forward! Happy birthday, my adventurous partner!
90. Congrats on turning 40, my dear husband! Remember, age is just a measurement of how much time has passed since we first met. I’m glad you’re keeping time with me!
91. Happy 40th birthday! Don’t worry, dear husband, your age has nothing on your charm. Well, your charm has nothing on your receding hairline either!
92. Turning 40 is like stepping into a whole new dimension of life. Just remember to check for cracks in the floorboards and wear your reading glasses at all times!
93. Happy 40th to the man who still knows how to make me laugh until my stomach hurts. Now, let’s work on those snorts, shall we?
94. Cheers to 40 years of laughter, love, and putting up with each other’s quirks! Here’s to celebrating many more years of unapologetic weirdness!
95. Happy 40th, my partner in adventure! Now that we’re entering the “officially cool parents” phase, let’s start practicing our dance moves for our future grandkids!
96. Congrats on reaching 40! Don’t worry about those wrinkles; they’re just proof that you’ve been busy smiling throughout the years!
97. Happy birthday to my forever young husband! Don’t worry about your age; you’re like a fine wine—gaining value with every passing year!
98. Congrats on hitting 40 and still keeping up with my endless energy! I promise to keep twirling in the grocery store aisles with you until we’re both 80!
99. Happy 40th, my love! They say life begins at 40, but I’m pretty sure that’s just an excuse for middle-aged folks to buy sports cars!
100. Turning 40 is like unlocking the ultimate achievement of adulthood. Unfortunately, the unlock code also comes with an increased risk of back pain!
101. Happy 40th birthday to my loving husband, who still knows how to make my heart skip a beat—mostly because you forgot to pick up milk again!
102. Cheers to 40 years of being each other’s partners in laughter, mischief, and endless pranks! Here’s to many more years of driving each other crazy!
103. Congrats on turning 40! Remember, age doesn’t make you old; it’s when someone refers to you as “Sir” that you’re officially ancient!
104. Happy 40th, my dear hubby! Thank you for providing me with countless laugh lines and love lines throughout the years. You’re my joy and my crow’s feet!
105. Turning 40 is like reaching the halfway point of a race with no visible finish line. Just remember, with me by your side, every step is worth it!
106. Happy 40th birthday, my love! Don’t worry about your age; you’re like a classic movie—everyone loves watching you over and over again!
107. Congrats on reaching the milestone age of 40! Don’t worry about aging; you still manage to keep me on my toes and laughing at your endless silly faces!
108. Happy 40th to my partner in laughter, love, and slightly questionable dance moves! Thanks for keeping our lives entertaining and our hearts filled with joy!
109. They say life begins at 40, but in our case, we’ve been living it up since day one! Can’t wait to see where the next 40 years take us!
110. Happy 40th birthday to the one whose laugh can still make my heart skip a beat, and whose snoring can shake the entire house! Love you to the moon and back!
111. Congratulations on turning 40 and entering the official “dad bod” stage of life! Enjoy your newfound obsession with cargo shorts and lawn mowing!
112. Happy birthday, my partner in cheesy jokes and endless laughter! Now that you’re 40, maybe we should start a comedy tour and bring smiles to the world!
113. Congrats on turning 40, just like wine, you’re only getting better with age! Although, unlike wine, you’re also getting grayer!
114. Happy 40th to the man who still rocks my world, even if it takes a bit longer to get out of your favorite rocking chair!
115. Turning 40 means you’re officially entering the phase of life where your favorite playlist consists mostly of 80s songs. Enjoy the walk down memory lane!
116. Happy 40th birthday to my rock, my best friend, and the one who can always make me laugh, even on the toughest of days. Love you to the moon and back!
117. Congrats on turning 40! May this milestone year bring you a daily dose of laughter, endless joy, and a never-ending supply of cake and ice cream!
In conclusion, a 40th birthday is a significant milestone in a person’s life, and it calls for a celebration filled with love, laughter, and joy. By using funny and light-hearted birthday wishes for your husband on this special day, you can make it even more memorable for him.
Whether you choose to tease him about his age or remind him of his youthful days, these funny 40th birthday wishes are sure to bring a smile to his face. It’s important to remember that humor can be a powerful tool in strengthening relationships and creating lasting memories. So, go ahead and choose the perfect funny birthday wish for your husband to make his 40th birthday an unforgettable and laughter-filled occasion. Happy birthday to your husband, and may the laughter and happiness continue for many more years to come!